Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Kallmünz Cake Redux



This is the professional photo that was taken of my entry in the OSSAS National Wedding Cake Competition 2006. I have also included a picture of my inspiration, St. Michael's church steeple in Kallmünz, Germany, at the top of this post. It was printed from a slide taken during my 1990 visit to Kallmünz and was included in a selection of photos in the sugar book that was part of the table decorations for the cake display. If you wish to view additional pictures of the cake and the various sugar accessories, please click on one of the labels at the foot of this post or the October 2006 archive link on the right side of the blog and scroll down to the bottom of the page.

By the way, the fondant border on the cake base was slightly damaged while being moved for the photography session. I have employed a bit of cloning trickery to mask the damage.

Maria

No comments: